San Jose, CA – February 16, 2017. ScootPad, a leading adaptive learning platform, today announced the general availability of Personalized Learning 2.0, a totally revamped personalized learning experience powered by advanced adaptive technologies.
It all started in 2015 when a team of 40+ educators, engineers and curriculum developers got together to re-imagine personalized learning based on research-driven best practices and lessons learnt from their first generation adaptive platform. After a successful development cycle followed by an extensive pilot testing, today ScootPad announced the general availability of their 2.0 features to all users.
“Personalized Learning is a popular edtech buzzword, used by many curriculum and learning management systems alike. They merely offer teachers the data and tools to manually personalize learning for each student. It’s not practical as well as ineffective for a teacher to personalize learning for each student consistently and continuously.” said Bharat Kumar, CEO & Co-Founder of ScootPad. “A true personalized learning tool will respond to a student’s interactions in real-time by automatically providing the student with the most appropriate content. Only data-driven adaptive algorithms can deliver personalized learning effectively, affordably and at scale.”
ScootPad’s newly released 2.0 platform enables a fully-automated adaptive learning process while empowering teachers with insights and tools to adjust instruction and deliver timely interventions. Some of the key capabilities of the 2.0 platform include:
- Knowledge Map driven learning progression
- Spiraling and Spacing for more robust encoding of information and better long-term retention
- Real-Time Content Scaffolding to deeper content and prerequisite concepts
- Depth Of Knowledge (DOK) leveled content to more accurately deliver rigor
- Technology Enhanced Items (TEI) to more accurately measure student knowledge compared to traditional formats
- Just-In-Time instruction with both on-demand and time-out lessons
- Truly Personalized Diagnostic to quickly and accurately assess student proficiency in concepts and
- Automatic Mastery Checks to ensure students retained knowledge from previously practiced concepts.
“Our adaptive learning platform is now available for our partners to enable personalized learning for their students using the new web service APIs.” said Maya Gadde, CTO & Co-Founder of ScootPad. ScootPad today announced their edNexus.io platform for partners to seamlessly enable personalized learning within their own products. To learn more, please visit http://edNexus.io for more details.
Founded in 2011, ScootPad is a leading adaptive learning platform for grades K-8. Delivering highly personalized and accelerated learning through adaptive algorithms, predictive analytics, data visualization, and gamification, ScootPad has become a “go-to” platform for 40,000+ schools across 9,000+ districts. With its comprehensive design, ScootPad has become a classroom staple, providing teachers and students with a full suite of features that are accessible anywhere, any time, on any device. For more information, visit https://www.scootpad.com or follow us on Twitter @ScootPad.